Saturday 3 March 2012

The Never Ending Grocery Shop

Being part of a family of 7 is a big adjustment for me. I was used to making dinner for just me and my 2 young kids, now it's 2 adults and 5 kids (3 of which eat as much as I do)!
I feel like we buy groceries everyday. I am working at making weekly meal plans and with better planning we're getting more efficient with our groceries. This is also great because it's expensive feeding 7 people!
This month we're keeping track of everything we spend on food. Honestly, I'm a little scared to see the final tally.
How much do you think we'll spend? The person with the closest guess (without going over) will win a prize!

2 comments:

  1. ohhhh this is a tough one. I know with my 2 adult-two kid family it's ridiculous what we spend, especially with 1 on a gluten free diet... plus I am a get in, get out kind of shopper so I don't typically spend a lot of time couponing or looking for the best deals. So I'm going to pull a number out of my head and say $800 for the month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We spend A LOT on groceries here too. With two fresh veggies for every dinner, plus between us at least 6 pieces of fresh fruit are consumed every day, it really adds up. I have to visit the grocery store several times a week to restock. And we are only feeding one diabetic husband, a wife and a 4 yr old. We have started buying large meat packages from a butcher and it is saving us money meat wise. So we spend about $150 a month on meat with a package, at least $50 in fruit and veggies every week, and $50 on other food a week. So we spend $600 A month easily on food. Yikes! That doesn't include when we are lazy and order in. You would have to be smart planning with 5 kids!! My guess is you are shopping smart and do it for $905!

    ReplyDelete